- August 26, 2021
August 26, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- November 30, 2021
November 30, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
About this Course
You will learn to normalize data, join tables while observing referential integrity, query multiple tables, format forms and reports, insert background images and charts; and create specialized objects such as lookup fields, subforms and subreports, navigation forms, and calculated fields.
This course is designed for persons who are able to create and modify basic tables, forms, and reports in Microsoft Access, but need to know how to create or modify documents using advanced tools and efficiency procedures. It also aims to assist persons preparing for the Microsoft Office Specialist exams for Microsoft Access®.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Normalize a database using basic database concepts
- Create lookup fields and produce simple subdatasheets
- Join tables in queries and calculate values via a calculated field
- Use advanced controls in forms to support user interactivity
- Design, create, and print an Access report
- Include charts in forms and reports
Unit 1: Relational databases
- Topic A: Database normalization
- Topic B: Table relationships
- Topic C: Referential integrity
Unit 2: Related tables
- Topic A: Creating lookup fields
- Topic B: Modifying lookup fields
- Topic C: Subdatasheets
Unit 3: Complex queries
- Topic A: Joining tables in queries
- Topic B: Using calculated fields
- Topic C: Summarizing and grouping values
Unit 4: Advanced form design
- Topic A: Adding unbound controls
- Topic B: Graphics
- Topic C: Adding calculated values
- Topic D: Adding combo boxes
- Topic E: Advanced form types
Unit 5: Reports and printing
- Topic A: Report formatting
- Topic B: Calculated values and subreports
- Topic C: Printing
- Topic D: Label printing
Unit 6: Charts
- Topic A: Charts in forms
- Topic B: Charts in reports
Students should be able to use Microsoft Access to create and manage tables and basic queries, define product options, compare/contrast types of table relationships, navigate the Access environment. Students can obtain this level of skill by taking the following Axzo Press course:
- Microsoft Office Access : Basic.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.