- June 23-24, 2021
June 23, 2021 - June 24, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This class provides you with the concepts and skills to properly prepare Adobe PDF documents and fillable PDF forms for access by users with disabilities such as blindness, low vision, and mobility impairment. In this course, you will create, modify, and test PDF documents for accessibility purposes. We also recommend this course for those planning to obtain the Adobe Certified Expert status.
This course will help students to become familiar with, and come into compliance with, the Federal Government’s ADA Section 508 accessibility regulations. It will cover application features that are designed to help meet those requirements.
- What is accessibility in publications?
- What are the Section 508 requirements?
- Evaluating existing PDF publications, forms, and archived documents
- Workflow adjustments to comply with accessibility standards
- Authoring documents for accessibility in Adobe InDesign CC 2018 and/or MS Office applications
- working with articles panel
- incorporating metadata to automate creating alt text tags
- paragraph styles settings to enable accessibility
- mapping styles to PDF accessibility tags
- tagging objects as artifacts
- working with lists and tables
- generating bookmarks, hyperlinks and TOC
- Applying the best design practices to yield accessibility
- streamlining content
- charts, maps, figures and forms
- Preserving accessibility features when exporting to PDF
- Overview of PDF accessibility tags and tools in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Repairing PDF documents in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- adding alternate text to images and charts
- adding metadata for accessibility
- working with tables, lists, and captions
- adding bookmarks and links
- proper nesting of headings
- reviewing logical reading order and adjusting a document structure
- adding accessibility to scanned documents
- Creating interactive and accessible forms
- Document security and accessibility considerations
- Using the Accessibility Checker and the Tags panel in Acrobat
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.