- June 29, 2021
June 29, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- August 31, 2021
August 31, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- November 23, 2021
November 23, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
About this Course
You will work with advanced functions and formulas, as well as lookup functions such as VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX. In addition, students will learn about data validation, and will use advanced data filtering. Students will apply advanced chart formatting options, and create more complex charts. They will work with PivotTables and PivotCharts, export and import data, and query external databases. Students will learn about the analytical features of Excel, such as Goal Seek, and how to create scenarios. Finally, they will run and record macros, and explore VBA code.
This course is designed for persons who are able to create and modify worksheets and workbooks in Microsoft Excel, but need to know how to create or modify documents using advanced tools and efficiency procedures. It also aims to assist persons preparing for the Microsoft Office Specialist exams for Microsoft Excel®.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use IF and IFERROR functions
- Use VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions in concert with the MATCH and INDEX functions
- Validate cell data and use advanced filtering tools to focus data
- Create and format charts
- Create Pivot Tables/Charts
- Export/Import data to/from other MS Office® compatible formats
- Use the Goal Seek utility
- Run a macro and edit macros using basic VBA code
Unit 1: Advanced functions and formulas
- Topic A: Logical functions
- Topic B: Conditional functions
- Topic C: Financial functions
- Topic D: Text functions
- Topic E: Date and time functions
- Topic F: Array formulas
- Topic G: Calculation options
Unit 2: Lookups and data tables
- Topic A: Using lookup functions
- Topic B: Creating data tables
Unit 3: Advanced data management
- Topic A: Validating cell entries
- Topic B: Advanced filtering
Unit 4: Advanced charting
- Topic A: Chart formatting options
- Topic B: Combination charts
- Topic C: Graphical objects
Unit 5: PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Topic A: Working with PivotTables
- Topic B: Modifying PivotTable data
- Topic C: Formatting PivotTables
- Topic D: Using PivotCharts
- Topic E: PowerPivot
Unit 6: Exporting and importing data
- Topic A: Exporting and importing text files
Unit 7: Analytical tools
- Topic A: Goal Seek
- Topic B: Scenarios
- Topic C: Instant data analysis
Unit 8: Macros and Visual Basic
- Topic A: Running and recording a macro
- Topic B: Working with VBA code
Unit 9: Accessibility and language features
- Topic A: Accessibility considerations
- Topic B: Internationalization
Students should be able to use Microsoft Excel to manage large workbooks, use advanced formatting, use outlining features, use the Name Manager, share data with Excel Web features, audit workbooks with Tracer tools, and save as Excel template. Students can obtain this level of skill by taking the following Axzo Press course:
- Microsoft Office Excel®: Level 2.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.