- May 5-6, 2021
May 5, 2021 - May 6, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- June 30-July 1, 2021
June 30, 2021 - July 1, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
In this Advanced Adobe InDesign Training class, students will learn advanced tips, tricks, and techniques for publishing with InDesign in a 2-day, hands-on, instructor-led course. This Advanced Adobe InDesign training course will expand on the concepts in Introduction course and will cover best practices and additional features.
- Learn how to insert special characters, create a heading that straddles columns, and create and format a drop cap.
- Adjust the spacing between letters, words, and lines; set tabs, and create ruling lines that are attached to paragraphs.
- Create a paragraph, character, object, table, and cell styles, and see how they all work together.
- Gain a better understanding of how graphics from Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are integrated in InDesign; learn how the links to the images are maintained, updated, and managed.
- Learn the best practices for editing images using Photoshop and Illustrator after they have been placed in InDesign.
- Learn how to create, convert, and place tables into InDesign, then learn how to format the table and table cells both locally and more efficiently by using table styles and cell styles.
- Understand how transparency works inside InDesign as it is applied to text, graphics, and native Illustrator files. Learn how to control effects on various objects and text, and how to copy and delete effects.
- Learn how to Preflight your file to ensure there are no errors, Package it so that all of the parts are delivered correctly to the printer, and the best practices for creating a PDF that is Press-Ready.
1. Working with Typography
Adjusting vertical spacing with leading & a baseline grid
Inserting glyphs, special characters, and fractions
Creating a straddle head and balancing columns
Creating and formatting a drop cap
Adjusting letter and word spacing; setting tabs
Adding and formatting a ruling line above a paragraph
2. Working with Styles
Creating and applying paragraph and character styles
Nesting character styles inside paragraph styles
Creating and applying object styles
Creating and applying table and cell styles
Copying styles from another document
3. Importing and Modifying Graphics
Understanding vector and bitmap graphics
Managing links to imported files
Updating modified graphics
Adjusting the display quality of images
Working with clipping paths and alpha channels
Importing native Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator files
Creating anchored graphics with text wrap
Creating and using a Library to manage objects
Using Adobe Bridge to import graphics
4. Creating Tables
Converting text to a table
Adding and deleting rows and columns
Adding borders, fills, and strokes
Adjusting row height and column width
Creating and applying table and cell styles
5. Working with Transparency
Colorizing a grayscale image
Applying transparency settings and effects to graphics
Adjusting transparency in Illustrator files and text
Working with effects
6. Printing and Exporting
Preflighting and packaging files
Creating an Adobe PDF proof
Previewing separations and transparency effects
Changing the Screen Mode
Examining printer settings
Using the ink manager
7. Creating PDF Files with Form Fields
Adding Form fields: text, radio buttons, combo box
Exporting an interactive Adobe PDF file
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.