- July 21, 2021
July 21, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- September 15, 2021
September 15, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
About this Course
Microsoft Outlook is more than just email, it’s your full-time personal assistant. Students taking the Basic Outlook course will learn how to send email, schedule appointments and meetings, manage contacts, and create tasks.
The target student for this course is an individual who wants to learn the basic features of Outlook and use them to create and manage email messages, contacts, appointments, meetings and tasks.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Identify elements of the Outlook environment; use and customize Outlook Today
- Read, create, and send email messages; reply to, format and check spelling in messages; forward delete and restore messages; work with attachments; and print messages
- Set delivery options for messages; flag messages; request a read receipt; use and create views for your mail; arrange, sort and filter messages; use Instant Search to quickly search the current folder; and specify setting for controlling junk email
- Use Contacts to add, modify and organize business and person contacts; use different views to show contact details; customize an electronic business card; manage and use address books; and create contact groups
- Use the Tasks folder to add, edit and mark tasks; assign tasks; accept or decline a task request; send an update; and track an assigned task
- Use the Calendar to create single and recurring appointments; change and delete appointees; add events and holidays to the Calendar; add change views
- Use the Calendar to schedule meetings; read and respond to meeting requests reserve resources; manage meeting responses; and update and cancel meetings
- Topic A: The program window
- Topic B: Outlook Today
- Topic A: Reading messages
- Topic B: Creating and sending messages
- Topic C: Working with messages
- Topic D: Handling attachments
- Topic E: Printing messages and attachments
- Topic A: Setting message options
- Topic B: Organizing the Inbox folder
- Topic C: Managing junk email
- Topic A: Working with contacts
- Topic B: Address books
- Topic C: Using contact groups
- Topic A: Working with tasks
- Topic B: Managing tasks
Appointments and events
- Topic A: Creating and sending appointments
- Topic B: Modifying appointments
- Topic C: Working with events
- Topic D: Using Calendar Views
Meeting requests and responses
- Topic A: Scheduling meetings
- Topic B: Managing meetings
Students taking this course should be familiar with personal computers and the use of a keyboard and a mouse. Furthermore, this course assumes that students have completed the following courses or have equivalent experience:
- Windows 8/Windows 10: Basic
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.